"You are reading one of the winning entries of BlogAdda's - What Men Want! contest"
What Women Want... People (by people I mean Men) have wondered about this topic since eternity, movies have even been made on it... remember that one staring Mel Gibson... anyway, what about Men? have we, women, ever wondered what men want? maybe occasionally, once or twice, when we have been unfortunate in dating that ever-so-reclusive guy who wouldn't admit what does he really want! most of the time, women just keep wandering aimlessly, analyzing the male species' every move to figure out what he actually wants from us? does he want us to make the first move? does he want us to appear shy? does he like to chase us? what does he want us to do?!
Most of the times, i believe men are also clueless about what they actually want! In my 25 years on Earth, I have realized that men are pretty simple creatures, basically they are babies, who want the basics from life... here is what I have observed men want us to know -
- When they are young, I mean when men were boys, all of them either want to be in the army or become a pilot.
- They eventually want to start a business. no matter how much money they make in their respective careers, men want to slog only for themselves...someday.
- every man, once in his lifetime after working for n number of years, thinks about marrying a rich girl and becoming a house husband!
- men, sometimes, wish they were born as a woman!!
- they fantasize... about, you know... a lot. every other minute or so...
- they want to date the hottest girl in town but would want to marry the one who can cook!
- all of them are mama's boys... forever. the sooner you accept it, the happier you'll be. never, and i mean never ever, come between a man and his mother. she is and will always be the first woman in his life.
- they don't want to have deep conversations about where the relationship is going. if they are with you, it is going someplace... that someplace could change with time.
- when they come home from work, they want some peace and quiet for at least ten minutes.
- When they say yes, they mean yes. when they say no, they mean no. they want you to understand that and not analyze their every word.
- Men would tell you they want women to make the first move... they don't. winning over a woman gives them a high! (rolling eyes!)
- they don't speculate, neither do they want you, yes you girls, to speculate. they want you to let the relationship take its own course and not dissect every move they make and every word they say.
- All men lie. it could be white lies, big ones or small fibs. they do, everyone of them. and they believe and want you to believe that they do it for your own good.
- Men, whatever they might say, like to chase the woman of their dreams... but only till that time they deem fit. if it goes on for too long, they lose interest. if it is too short, they don't get the sense of achievement.
- They want to give you a surprise for your birthdays and anniversaries but a little help from your side about what you would want to do would really help them.
- Men don't remember dates. they will not remember the first time you looked at each other, the first time you touched or the first time you fought. if you want them to remember, remind them.
- And now borrowing from a movie, "He is just not that into you." if they take your number and don't call you, they want you to understand, well... they are not just that into you. calling them back, making them remember who you are will not work.
- some of them would do and say anything, and i mean anything, to get you into bed. and after that they would also want you to forgive them as well.
- they can sense when you are emotionally vulnerable... and sadly some of them prey on those vulnerable ones.
- Men want space. they don't want to tell you what they did every second of the day. neither do they want to know what you ate for lunch and how many bites you had.
- They want you to know that if they are watching TV, playing video games, watching sports and you are talking, even though they will say that they are listening but they obviously are not.
- Men are slobs. they don't want you to tidy up after them. if they leave everything on the table, let it be on the table. it makes it easier to find their stuff without the hassle of getting into drawers and cupboards.
- Men need and want their Boys' Night out where they can drink and just forget about everything else.
- they don't want you to interpret their silence. when they are ready, they will tell you.
- All men want to be good at flirting. some of them are, most of them are not.
- They don't get hints, not direct hints not subtle hints, neither can they read your mind. they want you to tell them in clear words what do you actually want them to do.
- Men have never and never will ask for directions. even if their life depended on it. they just want you to accept that.
- if something is bothering you, tell them. they don't want to play the guessing game.
- Men, most of them, hate shopping unless it is for gadgets or for them or gadgets for them.
- They want you to know that if they are with you and look at another woman, that doesn't mean they don't love you. they are just programmed like that. they have to have to look!
- Men love their cars, especially their first car and no matter how much more he loves you, you will not be allowed to drive it... for a long long time.
- Men forget... not only anniversaries and birthdays or to tell you about important conversation they had with your parents, they forget bad ugly fights too!
- Men, unlike women, are not very big fans of foreplay and the cuddles that come after... they are more interested in what happens between those two!
- Men gossip... they will never accept it but they do.
- Men don't like to talk about their past nor do they want to know about yours in excruciating detail. just a number of how many men you dated before him would do.Let it be like that.
- Men also get jealous... they just don't want to show it to you and scare you off.
If you know more, you are welcome to leave a comment and add to this list ;)
And if i think of more, i will update it as well!
P.S. This is written in jest. Men, take it with a pinch of salt!
Go to www.myntra.com and check out t shirts for men! Also visit the
largest community of Indian Bloggers at BlogAdda.com