Friday, April 29, 2011

Four Books... That Inspire!






Hmm... Today it is about FOUR BOOKS. I love books... I do, with all my heart. I have been reading since I learnt the alphabet. So, i knew it was going to be a challenge to just pick four... but I did. In this list are those four books that helped me in some way or other...

4. LITTLE WOMEN... This is the first novel I read. Before that I was interested in champak, nandan, archies, chacha choudhary etc etc but I saw this in the school library once and thought what the hell, let me give it a try... and I was hooked, still am. I can safely say this book started my love affair with the written word and books, in general.

3. HARRY POTTER SERIES... I have read all of them many times. In fact, the books in these series are the only ones that I have read in one sitting.  I love Harry, Ron, Hermoine and the whole gang! I love JK Rowling's imagination... I love her rags-to-riches story. It made me believe that if it can happen for her, it very well can happen for me... And if you haven't read these books, you are missing something... the movies are just the tip of the iceberg.

2. THE DA VINCI CODE... just the thought that there is someone brave enough to dethrone Christ from his divinity and place him amongst us mortals just gives me goosebumps... i don't know if it was fact or fiction... but he had the courage to write about it. similarly, I loved The Immortals Of Meluha... author Amish Tripathi, did the same thing... he also maintained, that Ram and Shiva were extraordinary men indeed, but in the end they were men. I like this concept. there is just one God. rest are all just preachers. it reaffirmed my belief and made me realize that I am not the only one with this school of thought :)

1. PRIDE & PREJUDICE... who doesn't love Mr. Darcy? I mean come one, he is handsome, rich, brooding, considerate, caring and loves Liz so much! what else do you want in a man? When I read it for the first time, in college (it was part of my syllabus), I fell heads-over-heels in love with Darcy... still am. I loved their (Liz & Darcy) banter, their chemistry, their love story... it was hopeful. It made me believe that one day, out of the blue, I will find my darcy as well (and I sure did ;) ) and no matter how many obstacles in it's path, love does conquer all... even pride and prejudice! ;)

These are four of the many books that I love... there are many many more, but these are special. one introduced me to books (Little women), one instilled romance in me (Pride & Prejudice), one inspired me to tell my story (HP Series) and one just reconfirmed my deep-rooted beliefs (Da Vinci Code)....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it... Share it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...